Mastering Guitar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mastering Guitar

Forum to talk about Playing, living, eating, sleepin and Learning about guitar!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Key Chart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bizznach

Key Chart Empty
PostSubject: Key Chart   Key Chart Icon_minipostedFri Dec 21, 2007 2:03 pm

Alright so before looking at the chart 'What?' on me theres a few notes to using this.

1. This chart is based on the major and minor Key's thats why theres the different colors.
-Yellow is notes in both major and minor key.
-Blue is notes combined with the yellow make up the Major Key or Scale.
-Green when combine with the yellow notes is the Minor Key or Scale.

2.don't read the notes downwards. read horazontal in other words if your looking for the notes in C major you'll look in the first collom were it says C then read across.

3. to save time and headeches on your part I did all the figuring out so that there should'n be any confusion on if theres a flat (b) or a sharp (#) in each key. with the exeption of G# Major and Ab Minor(note: I messed up and put a Gb instead of Ab) but thats the last key in the chart and is arly used ever.

Key Chart KeyChart

ok so I made this for people to understand keys more better and well as a refrance. example lets say I'm writing a song in Db major well I don't know that key off the top of my head so with this chart I can just look and see that Db major has the notes Db, Eb, F, Gb, Ab, Bb, C (I messed up on this one too just look wear it says C#. I promise I'll fix this chart later on) now useing that info I know what notes I can use and still be in Key. Its pretty simple stuff.

also I can use this chart to find out notes in Scales or modes. all you'll need is the scale formula (will have a scale formula lession later with explanation for this chart with it)

example: Ionian Mode. the formula for that is 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
so if I want to know C Ionion I use the numbers at the very top to find out in this case we get C, D, E, F, G, A, B.

I would go in more detail with the formulas and such but I'm Tired and need my sleep and I figure I have all 24 Keys here for you so thats good enough for now.

Chow guy and ladys

-Joey of Cashing The Apathy
Back to top Go down
xGuitarJoshx
Guitar Master
Guitar Master

Key Chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Chart   Key Chart Icon_minipostedSun Dec 23, 2007 7:40 am

nice post
Back to top Go down
https://mastertheguitar.forumotion.com

Key Chart